Spend LESS, not more, on your perfect diamond
Sourcing your stone directly through Leon Mege will save you money.
Diamonds are cheaper than psychiatrists
Diamonds listed on the diamond trading network are accessible by every member of the trade. A Leon Mege membership affords you the direct access to every stone on the market.
By enlisting us as your agent, it is assured that you will pay the absolutely lowest price for the stone.
While the choice of a diamond supplier rarely matters, since prices are public, margins are small, and gem certificates guarantee the authenticity and quality of the stone we add, choosing us will assure not only that your stone is beautiful but compatible with the style and design of your ring as well. You will save a lot by buying a stone with a ring from us.
Not only will you be able to afford better color and clarity, but potentially will be able to get a bigger and better cut stone. We offer superbly cut GIA graded stones selected by Leon Mege personally.
The best way to assist you in your quest for brilliance is to request a query via the trade screen. To be the most productive please furnish the following information:
- Stone budget
- Shape (just one, if you cannot decide, call first)
- Minimum acceptable size
- Minimum acceptable clarity
- Ratio for elongated shapes
- Cut (ideal, hearts and arrows, XXX, etc.)
- Anything else that you MUST have - remember that every additional spec will reduce the pool of stones to choose from
- Ring style
Or use our convenient quote request form found here
Essential information you need to know about buying diamonds (we know it’s your first time)
- GIA is the gold standard for diamond grading. Make sure your diamond has a GIA certificate.
- Round diamonds are significantly more expensive than any other shapes.
- A diamond of the same weight does not necessarily have the same size.
- Antique cushions and Asschers cost approximately 10% more than modified cushions and square emeralds. It is worth every penny.
- Getting a smaller but better quality stone is the smartest decision to make.
- H-I-J stones color will benefit from strong blue fluorescence as long as it does not make them look milky.
- There is no such thing as an “Ideal cut” - it is simply a matter of varying opinions.
- A diamond is a three-dimensional object - using light performance gizmos like IdealScope or ASET cone will not paint the complete picture of the diamond’s true appearance.
- Searching for stones on various websites yields the same listings.
- Almost all “Independent” blogs are set up and run by PAID agents of online retailers, they get commission when you act upon their “free” advice.
- Public forums are awash with the undercover agents of diamond retailers.
- A diamond is only as good as the ring holding it.
- Any stone looks larger when it is mounted rather than unset.
- A diamond’s color is reduced by 2 grades (on average) from dirt and oil being on the ring.
- A diamond is your avatar on his/her finger, make sure it’s a cool one. It takes a big man to buy a big diamond; It takes a smart man to buy a good one.